So when I made the server rack I planned to have a door in front of it, to conceal the equipment, make it look a bit nicer. It would also act like a air filter for dust and fur, as I planned to use speaker cloth in it.
So, I needed to use the room in my annex a little more efficient, as you never will have enough space…
Since I have two bikes in there, it would be more space-efficient to have them on top of each other instead of wheel-to-wheel.
One easy to do way to achieve this was to just find some shelving Ls and throw the bike up. But I wanted a bit more finesse, and hopefully use the space even better.
It was finally time to try and swap all the parts for my groupset on my racer, a GT GTR Series 5. I like the bike and frame, but I was not happy with the drive train. I like (apparently, didn’t know that myself when I started with the road bike) to tackle uphills. But the ratio on the bike was on the heavier side, with 39/53T and 11-28T. I do not mind going slow up the slopes, but I would like to do them in one go without pauses 😛
So I bought a complete groupset to swap out all parts. I did this instead of buying the separate parts since this meant that all the components would fit together.
I’ve never really wrenched a bike before, so I had planned to send it all to the local bike shop, but figured I could try and see how much I could get done myself.
New groupset is a Shimano 105 5800, 34/50T and 11-32T.
I might not have the greenest thumbs, but they are getting there.
I do like a green lawn. And it should consist mostly of grass. Not moss or dirt and rocks. That latter was a problem near the entrance to the house, not much growing there at all. So today I did a little work there.